SS Rajamouli’s Eega is simultaneously releasing in Tamil as Naan Ee.PVP Cinema has bought the Tamil version and releasing it with 200 prints on 6 July all over in Tamil Nadu. Naan Ee has created tremendous buzz in Tamilnadu.Thanks to some innovative promotional activities along with the regular promotion. Here are some of those.
1. The makers had heavily advertised on Puthiya Thalaimurai (SRM group) TV channel. It is the number one channel among the upcoming TV channels and it worked big time for the movie.
2. The makers have printed 1.3 millions tickets containing Naan Ee for Tamilnadu transport corporation limited. These tickets had fetched excellent visibility for a reasonable cost using this technique.
3. 10,000 pieces of school kids merchandise (scale, bookmark, year planner and book labels) were distibuted to students of 35 schools (5 schools each in 7 cities) and distributed it to students.
4. PVP cinemas, the makers of Naan Ee is the major sponsor for the an yearly theater festival for kids that is organized by ‘The Little Theater’ (20 years old) which is very popular among the kids.
5. The makers are planning to send 6 crores of sms on 5,6 and 7 of July. It will contain a few jokes between two characters – Bindu (played by Samantha) and Pootu Kovindam (Santhanam). A promotional message about Naan Ee will be carried after the joke.
6. The makers have also heavily advertised on Arasu Cable which is owned by Government. It has a basket of 95 channels.